Sunday, April 20

Late April

The weather has been warmer as each week in April progresses. This weekend Chris and I took advantage of our Saturday afternoon, after the overnight and morning rain, by putting in an electric fence for Maggie. No she can run around in the front or backyard (not both at the same time) at her liking. She's still getting used to it, but we're already enjoying it. Hopefully that will mean no more potty walks right before bed.

Chris and I have also been going to Southside Church in Lafayette recently. I believe we've been a total of 4 times since we've moved to Indiana. Southside is a new church (probably about 50 to 60 official members) forming in Lafayette and it's so new that they don't own a building yet. They just celebrated their first anniversary this March. The church currently meets at a hotel downtown, which actually works pretty well for now. We've found this church to be the "best fit" for us in the area and most of the people there are 20's to 30's. I for one am excited at the growth they've seen in just one year and the niche that this church will hopefully fill in Lafayette/West Lafayette. Chris and I found that there wasn't a really good non-denominational church in the area, or at least one that we connected with. I think this is where we're going to call our new church home. We're also excited because we'll be playing on a co-ed softball team this summer with some others from church. I'll be glad to start playing again.

Chris and I ask that you be praying for Chris' mom's parents, as they're going through some rough times right now. Chris' grandma found out a couple of weeks ago that she has breast cancer. She had surgery yesterday and has hopefully been able to go home from the hospital today. Meanwhile Chris' grandpa has been going through chemo. They are surrounded by friends and family which helps tremendously, but we know that prayer can be powerful.

No comments: