Wednesday, August 27

Anniversary #3

So Chris and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary a couple weeks ago. I can't believe it's been that long already! We didn't do much but we did go to this nice restaurant called McGraw's to celebrate. This restaurant is unique in that it looks like someone's house from the road. It's "landmark" is an old boat on a pile of rocks that sits near the road. And it's right on the river too.

As a present to both of us (for our anniversary) I put together a series of pictures spelling out "BARNES". I took pictures of things in downtown Lafayette that looked like the letters in BARNES and put them together in a picture frame. Some of you may have seen something like this before. I thought they were neat when I saw them, but they are so expensive to order from the company who does these. It proved to not be very hard and is special to us because all of the pictures were taken here in town.

One reason we didn't do much for our anniversary is because we are leaving for a week long trip to Jamaica this coming Saturday! We're excited to have a relaxing week at an all-inclusive resort, but we're praying that the tropical storms stay away next week. Chris is excited to go scuba diving since he hasn't been able to in several years. (He is a certified diver.) I'm excited to water ski again since I learned to last summer. And we're also gonna try horseback riding, which I am excited to do. I'm sure it will be interesting.

I know we're both looking forward to having some time off, as this is our big vacation for the year. Since graduating from college, we've taken a week long trip every year which has been nice. We went to Lake of the Ozarks last year, so Chris wanted to take me on a nicer trip this year. I'll be sure to post pictures after we get back!

1 comment:

Brandon, Amanda, Will, and John said...

I would love to see the Barnes picture that you made. I have always wanted one of those, but I agree that they are WAY too expensive to purchase. How clever of you to make one for yourselves! I hope you have fun in Jamaica and that Gustav doesn't give you any trouble. I don't know where you'll be going, but if you get the chance to climb the water fall at Ocho Rios, you should definitely do it. It was so much fun when Brandon and I went!