Monday, June 15

The Search Continues

I had a job interview last Monday at a consulting firm in town. It seemed to have gone well. I had actually interviewed with them when we were first coming to Lafayette. But I found out today that they can't hire me right now. Instead of hiring a new person for the West Lafayette office, they have to utilize their current employees in the Indianapolis office that have minimal work right now.

So it's back to looking again. That's ok. It would have been bittersweet to get a job right now as we have a vacation planned to Lake of the Ozarks in July. (I probably would not have been going to the lake if I had a job offer.) Don't get me wrong, I would have been ecstatic to have a job, but I also love going to the lake. I'm now looking forward to spending time with Chris' family and probably my family too, seeing Maggie wear her lifevest again, waterskiing, riding the waverunner, soaking up the sun, and just enjoying being in such a beautiful and relaxing place. Wow...just writing this is getting me excited!

No comments: