I'll let the pictures speak for themselves and then I'll explain...
When the guys reached the pumpkin they originally saw, they soon discovered a similar one close by that was hidden by pumpkin vines. At this point, the guys decided they would each carry one back to the wagon. As you can see, they were rather humongous to carry that far! After several rest stops and us girls laughing the whole time, both of them successfully made it back with absolutely huge pumpkins. Kim and I picked our wimpy pumpkins (in comparison) and we were very satisfied with our picks.
We found out that the field the guys went to is the specialty pumpkins area. Those pumpkins were just ones that didn't get picked earlier by the owners and were up for grabs to anyone crazy enough to bring them to the wagon! Let's just say the guys were much more than satisfied with the pumpkin they got for $5 even though it required some brute-force strength and getting dirty.
So any engineer is probably thinking "I wonder how much those pumpkins really weigh." Well we were all wondering the same thing and didn't want to just guess about how much they weigh. So we pulled out the scale when we got back home. The small pumpkins weighed around 20 lbs each and the giant pumpkins were 92 and 98 lbs! I still can't believe the guys were able to carry each of those on their shoulder for such a long distance. Chris was carrying a pumpkin more than half his size!
I have a feeling we will be going back next year and my husband just might venture to the specialty pumpkin patch again. And thanks again Kim and Derek for coming to visit!
1 comment:
those boys are crazy! It's going to take a lot of scooping and scraping to make jack-o-lanterns out of those!
Post a Comment