Friday, March 5

02.26.10

(I decided to share 2 pictures today since I didn't have one for yesterday.)
My hubby started feeling bad last night.  (He's actually been struggling a bit the last couple weeks.)  So he decided to take a sick day today.  He needed it for his physical and mental health.  His body needed a break.  It was nice to have him home too.  Maggie definitely didn't mind having him home.  She got to nap with him on the couch.


Chris kept saying that he wanted chicken noodle soup for dinner when I asked him.  So I made a quick run to the store to get a few ingredients we didn't already have.  I found a quick recipe from Rachel Ray.  I thought I would share it.  It's so easy and was really good for such few ingredients.  It was also thicker than normal chicken noodle soup which is what I really appreciated about it.  This will be a keeper at our house.  Here's a link to the recipe and I've put the ingredients below that I used.


Rachel Ray's Quick Chick and Noodle Soup

Ingredients
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
2 ribs celery, chopped
dried bay leaves
salt and pepper
6 cups chicken broth
2 large cans of diced chicken
1/2 pound of wide pasta noodles
Parsley
Dill
(I would've normally added the chopped onion but omitted it per request of the sick one.)

No comments: