Maggie and I went for kind of a long walk the other night - we walked to this park near our house and back. It has a pond where people can put their boat in the water and fish. I had taken my camera along because I knew there would probably be some pretty fall colors to capture...and I was right. At first when we got there, it was cloudy but still a nice fall evening. Then only a minute later, the sun peeked through a tiny opening in the clouds. So our view went from this...
to this...
Let me tell you, God knows how to give good lighting :) It was beautiful and very peaceful since there was no one around. Maggie was happy too!
We found some pretty flowers too.
On our way back, we caught up to a lady that had stopped by our house last week to say hi while she was walking her dog. So we chatted while we all walked back towards our part of the neighborhood. She's a little strange but also really nice :)
I should also mention that Chris is actually gone this week - yes, it's our first week here and he had to travel! We thought it was ironic that he wasn't in the office on his official first day of work and he has yet to meet his boss (although he knows him from previous interactions). So he's in Wisconsin this week - he left Monday and will get back Friday night. I think this is a sign of how things will be for a little while. He's already mentioned many more upcoming trips.
But I'm trying to taking it in stride (as is he). I know that he is enjoying this job much more than his previous one and it's not stressful. I'm trying to stay positive even though I really miss him. So this week I've been trying to tidy up the house more and get some more things organized so that he doesn't have to worry about as much when he gets back. And I'm hoping my work will pick up - I'm going into the office tomorrow so we'll see how things go and how much work they have for me right now.
And Maggie's been pretty funny this week. Every time I turn around she's laying on our bed (which she's not supposed to do while we're here). She's probably on there right now...I just checked and she was! And every time I try to get her off, she growls at me..."come on mom! can't i just stay on here?" It's kind of cute :)
Alright, I better get back to more organizing...to the dining room I go! Have a great Wednesday.
2 comments:
great pictures, Kerrie! you are so right God does give the best lighting!! oh Maggie...that is so cute, Lakota was a bed lover, too. glad your getting settled. hope your week went fast with Chris gone!! miss you!!
thanks :) the end of it went pretty fast since i worked in the office all day thurs and fri. miss you too!
Post a Comment