I mentioned this on facebook about a month ago but I hadn't had a chance to post about it here...
October 12th was the last day that we were spending in Lafayette. That day the movers came to pack all of our stuff up in boxes. It had been a long day with the packing, me having to get some work done that day, and Chris dealing with some "moving stuff". So we were looking forward to enjoying a nice dinner together. We had planned to go to South Street Smokehouse since I had never been there (and I wanted to go before we left). Well, we got there and they were closed unexpectedly due to a power outage! I was pretty disappointed. So we decided on Chumley's (another local place) instead.
Chumley's has some pretty good pub food and they have an absolutely huge selection of beer. Chris really needed a drink after the day we had, so he ordered his first. Soon enough we got our yummy food and Chris decided he wanted a second drink. After having a taste of one he picked off the menu, he decided he didn't want that one. So he asked our waitress for her opinion and if they had any seasonal/pumpkin beers. She suggested Screaming Pumpkin Spiced Ale and Chris said that sounded good.
When she brought it out, I took a taste of it (like I had started doing with Chris' beers recently) and I loved it!!! Mind you, when I normally tastes Chris' beer, I usually just give a shrug and think that's it's ok (and maybe I could acquire a taste for something like that). So I was excited when I loved it from the first drink! It was wonderful and I think I said "it's like fall in a bottle" :) And I think I liked it so much because it didn't have the typical beer taste.
I ended up drinking a few ounces of it (thanks honey!) and it was so good. When it gets to this time of year, I can't get enough of smelling and tasting all things pumpkin and fall, so somehow I'm not surprised I fell in love with this beer. Too bad it's made by Michigan Brewing and they don't distribute (so I can't buy it in the store). Maybe I'll just have to go back to Chumley's next year to enjoy a full bottle :)
I think Chris was almost more excited than me because I secretly think he wants me to become a beer drinker. It was an absolutely fun time together at Chumley's and much needed for us after a stressful day. It will definitely be memorable for us and a cool reminder of our last day in Lafayette.
No comments:
Post a Comment