I've received some good news recently so I just wanted to share it with you all!
Last week, I officially found out that I passed my PE exam!!! I was randomly looking online one day and discovered that it said I had passed. This was confirmed when I received a letter in the mail last Friday. I still have to finish up some paperwork before I actually have a license in hand. (In Illinois, you can take the test before you have had your paperwork submitted and approved.) I'm relieved that I only had to take it once and that I've actually remembered at least some of what I learned in college ;) All that studying paid off!
I found out this week that I will be doing some work at Caterpillar again! They called this week and I am going into the plant on Monday! (Once they have approval for something, they normally act pretty quickly.) I'm happy about this because it means that I will be working full-time again and I'll get some time out in the field and away from a desk, which is always nice.
In other news...I've been down in Joplin this week. I picked Kyle up in St. Louis on Sunday and we headed down here to help at church and to see our parents. (I had been itching to come down and I had the opportunity during a slow time at work.) We're heading out tomorrow morning. I'll have to post about our trip down here, along with some pictures (and maybe video) that we captured. Please continue to pray for Joplin as they work to recover. The reality of some people's circumstances seem to be setting in and worsening with the onset of mold, dealing with insurance companies, and the possibility of not having a house back for a year.
Last week, I officially found out that I passed my PE exam!!! I was randomly looking online one day and discovered that it said I had passed. This was confirmed when I received a letter in the mail last Friday. I still have to finish up some paperwork before I actually have a license in hand. (In Illinois, you can take the test before you have had your paperwork submitted and approved.) I'm relieved that I only had to take it once and that I've actually remembered at least some of what I learned in college ;) All that studying paid off!
I found out this week that I will be doing some work at Caterpillar again! They called this week and I am going into the plant on Monday! (Once they have approval for something, they normally act pretty quickly.) I'm happy about this because it means that I will be working full-time again and I'll get some time out in the field and away from a desk, which is always nice.
In other news...I've been down in Joplin this week. I picked Kyle up in St. Louis on Sunday and we headed down here to help at church and to see our parents. (I had been itching to come down and I had the opportunity during a slow time at work.) We're heading out tomorrow morning. I'll have to post about our trip down here, along with some pictures (and maybe video) that we captured. Please continue to pray for Joplin as they work to recover. The reality of some people's circumstances seem to be setting in and worsening with the onset of mold, dealing with insurance companies, and the possibility of not having a house back for a year.
1 comment:
Congratulations on passing your exam and for the new job opportunity!
Post a Comment