Monday, August 15

Joplin schools and sb memories

I read an article today about the Joplin schools returning to school on time and mentions several different people's stories who were affected by the tornado. I think it's a really good read. I think we can learn a lot from these people's determination and ability to focus on the positive when it would be so easy to focus on the negative.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-08-14-Joplin-tornado-schools-resume_n.htm

The discussion of many schools needing to find temporary locations for the school year (including the high school) and the reference to one of the girls playing on the softball team reminded me of one of my favorite pictures from my senior year of high school...

(my parents and I on senior night on the softball field with the high school in the background)

That year was my first of playing on the varsity team. I was the only senior that year. My coach even let me keep my jersey at the end of the year since they were getting new uniforms the next year.

It's funny how memories like this can mean that much more after almost 10 years has passed and a certain place has changed so much since.

No comments: