Wednesday, February 4

Running update

Running has been going ok lately. I'm just trying to make it through the winter weather alive. That's a little exaggerated, but I took 2 days off earlier in January because the hi temperatures for the day were sub-zero! It was actually hard to take those days off, but that was just too cold for me. My long runs are up to 8 miles now with a minimum of 30 minute runs the other 5 days of the week. I've discovered that running in slush is the worst - you get slush build-up on the bottom of your shoes and you slip even more than in snow. This has actually been a mild winter so far and we haven't had our usual amount of snow. This has been a good thing, but I am very much looking forward to spring. Here's me after one of my snowy runs.




On Feb. 21st I'll run in the Polar Bear Run in Indy. It will be a 5 mile race. I think this will be very good for me, as races usually show you where you're really at. I'll also submit my time in this race as my seeding time for the Mini. So hopefully I will be able to keep my target pace (8 to 8.5 minutes). I'm hoping for good weather on that day and no snow!

No comments: