I've never been one to really stick to New Year's resolutions. And I don't know that I've ever really made serious commitments to any before.
Recently I heard about choosing one word for the year. The concept is to pick one word that you will strive to live by for the year - it can be anything you want. Well, the new year kind of snuck up on me (with being in India and the end of last year being a little crazy), so this week I found myself thinking about what I want in this new year. So I decided this 'one word' concept sounded like a really cool idea.
For this year, I've decided that my one word will be NOURISH.
I believe I'll be able to apply this to my life in a few ways:
- I want to nourish my relationship with God. I want to spend more time with Him and get to know him better.
- I also want to make sure I nourish my relationship with Chris - that means striving everyday to be a better wife and friend to him and not just taking for granted that he's here.
- Nourishing my body is important too. I want to make sure that I'm eating healthy so that my body gets the nutrients it was made to have. I believe that eating healthy food can be fun and enjoyable...it's just getting to that point where your body learns to crave healthy food instead of junk food. (No, this does not mean I'm giving up sweets and junk food and turning into a complete health nut. I just want to, in general, make better food choices.)
Is there one word that you could live by this year? No, it's not too late to pick one :)
3 comments:
kerrie, that is so funny you picked one word concept. at our retreat last weekend, one of the speakers challenged us to find one word & write it on a stone to have for the year. my word is focus! thanks for sharing!!
kenlyn, that's quite ironic :) i think it's such a good thing...much better than trying to stick to a resolution! focus is a good choice.
i couldn't agree more with the whole trying to stick to a resolution...i have never been a huge fan of the whole resolution thing, but i think from here on out, this one word thing is going to be my way! it's awesome how every day i think about that word many times a day...mainly because i try to focus on one thing at a time & get interrupted so often...
Post a Comment