This past weekend me and Maggie went down to visit my brother and sister in St. Louis. Katie didn't get in until after midnight on Friday from a 2-week work trip to California. So when Saturday morning came around, we didn't do much but hang out around her place.
In the afternoon, we made our way to the Galleria mall. Katie and I had each received a $10 gift card from a promotion the mall was doing while we were there over Thanksgiving. So we took the opportunity to find something we wanted to buy. At first, I was trying to look for a small clutch, but wasn't having much luck. Then Katie suggested going into Forever 21 when we walked by it. And I'm glad she did!
We each ended up finding several pieces of jewelry and we each didn't spend more than $15 (only $5 with our gift cards)! You see, they have really cheap jewelry. (All of their merchandise seemed really cheap, at least from just glancing at everything.) And I thought this was just wonderful.
This is what I picked out. That's right, 5 pairs of earrings and a long necklace for about $13 :) The necklace was the most expensive item at $4.80. I had a lot of fun picking these out and knowing that I wasn't going to pay very much at all for them. I just might have to go back to Forever 21 again when I'm needing some more jewelry!
Well, after deciding that we didn't need anything else since we had spent our gift cards, we went to have a little something to eat at St. Louis Bread Company. We were all pretty hungry since it was about 3:00 and we hadn't eaten since breakfast. We only wanted a little something to tie us over because we were headed to...
In the afternoon, we made our way to the Galleria mall. Katie and I had each received a $10 gift card from a promotion the mall was doing while we were there over Thanksgiving. So we took the opportunity to find something we wanted to buy. At first, I was trying to look for a small clutch, but wasn't having much luck. Then Katie suggested going into Forever 21 when we walked by it. And I'm glad she did!
We each ended up finding several pieces of jewelry and we each didn't spend more than $15 (only $5 with our gift cards)! You see, they have really cheap jewelry. (All of their merchandise seemed really cheap, at least from just glancing at everything.) And I thought this was just wonderful.
Well, after deciding that we didn't need anything else since we had spent our gift cards, we went to have a little something to eat at St. Louis Bread Company. We were all pretty hungry since it was about 3:00 and we hadn't eaten since breakfast. We only wanted a little something to tie us over because we were headed to...
and we knew we would want one of these...
That's right - we headed to Crown Candy Kitchen (within sight of the Arch) to have some of their infamous milkshakes.
This place has been around since 1913 (and now I think I know why)! It's one of those places you have to visit, especially if you live in STL. Even Adam Richman from Man v. Food has been there. Yes, he attempted the crazy milkshake challenge, where you have to eat five 24 oz. milkshakes in 30 minutes! I can't even imagine trying that!
Katie and Kyle's friends, Beth and Mark, had also met us there because they had never been and wanted to see what it was all about.
We had a good time and the food was absolutely delicious :) Katie and Kyle split 2 milkshakes (so they could have 2 different kinds) - strawberry and chocolate malted. I chose to go with the ice cream - one scoop of oreo and one of strawberry. I think my eyes were bigger than my stomach because when they brought it out it was bigger than my head! (OK...not really...but it seemed like it.) But it was soooooo good. I can't remember the last time I've had ice cream that good. And after tasting the milkshakes, I have to say that they were absolutely wonderful too.
such a tiny little place - we had to wait in line to get a table and it was a slow time for them :)
All of us were stuffed after having our ice cream and milkshakes, but we thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Crown Candy Kitchen. I even got some dark chocolate to take home to Chris since he wasn't with us. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone visiting or living in STL! (We went in the late afternoon on a Saturday, which seemed like a decent time - we only had to wait a little while.)
We had a great rest of the weekend in STL. Thanks to Katie and Kyle for letting us come bug them for the weekend while Chris was away :)
No comments:
Post a Comment