Tuesday, February 1

missing Chris

I've been missing Chris a lot while he's gone on his work trip this time.  Maybe because I got used to spending a lot more time with him, with going to India and all.  Well, since I was missing him tonight and I was stuck in the house (with the snow storm/blizzard), I decided it was time to pick up a scrapbook album I haven't worked on in a while. 

I pulled out the album I started last summer with all of the pictures and memorabilia from the time that we were dating.  I originally started the album because I wanted to document that special time in our relationship and I know that I will love looking back on it in years to come. 

But the problem is that it takes me forever to complete a scrapbook so I needed to make it uber-simple.  So I decided that I would make each layout very simple.  Each would have pictures, a few embellishments, maybe some letter stickers, and a little blurb/journaling about what happened during that time.  On our 1-year anniversary (which was after we got engaged), I had written out the important and memorable dates from our first year together.  But this was just with Crayola markers on normal printer paper - not very archival-worthy!  That was another reason to do this album - to have a place and a reason to put those dates, events, and descriptions (essentially journaling) into a form that I would want to keep for a long time.

So...here's one of the layouts that I had previously finished:


And here are the two layouts that I did tonight:

(look at my incredibly long hair! i doubt it will ever be that long again. and chris' shirt with the duck says 'don't eat soap' :)

(look at how young Kaitlyn is! it's hard to believe it has been that long.)

I also have attached all of the pictures with photo corners so that any of them can be removed in the future to make copies.  All of these pictures were taken in the days that camera film still existed - it is a pain to get copies of negatives now!  I just used 2 photo corners for each photo - it's enough to hold each one in place in the album.

Be safe, stay warm, and have fun playing in the snow tomorrow!  I'm excited to wake up in the morning and see what it looks like outside :)

1 comment:

Embracing Every Moment said...

awe kerrie! i pray he makes it home in a timely manner tomorrow! LONG hair oh my goodness!!! what fun memories & good for you for doing such a good job of keeping up the scrapbooks...you will cherish these in the years to come! praying for you & miss you! thanks for sharing!!