Friday - Grandma's french toast
This morning I decided it was time for something different for breakfast instead of the normal cereal, bagel, or oatmeal. So I decided to make french toast. And not just any french toast, but the way my Grandma used to make it (or at least similar) - butter in the pan (instead of cooking spray) and granulated sugar (instead of syrup or powdered sugar).
Wow, did this bring back memories while I was eating my french toast. It reminded me of the days when I would eat 4, 5, 6, or more pieces! (I was probably about 10 years old or so.) When I was younger, I also remember my grandpa cutting my french toast for me into squares in such a systematic way - cutting it very fast into a grid. It just took me back to my grandparents kitchen and remembering even more things about them and my time there. It's amazing how something small like this can bring a flood of moments to mind! I recommend trying something like this that will bring back memories from years ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment