Thursday, December 3

Interesting

So recently I've been doing more activities that require me to be creative, such as scrapbooking, taking pictures, looking for craft projects, etc. These are all very right-side-of-the-brain oriented. It's just ironic to me since I went to school to become an engineer. Maybe I've been honing in on the creative side of me since I've been away from it for a while and didn't get to be creative very often while I was working. I don't know. But I do remember that in 7th grade when they make you take one of those tests to see what you should do when you grow up, one of my top three was an interior designer...interesting. (I don't remember what the others were.) Now even as I'm scrapbooking, though, I find myself being meticulous about placing everything on my page. But maybe that's just the perfectionist side of me and not the left side of my brain. Don't get me wrong, I like doing civil engineering work, but maybe I just need a way to express the right side of my brain every once in a while.

No comments: