We had the best time on Saturday night! We had a progressive dinner with our small group. And it wasn't just any progressive dinner - it was a fancy-dress dinner :)
I was excited for it. I took Chris with me to try to find a dress. I was a little skeptical at first, but we ended up finding one for $15 (before the extra 15% coupon we had) on clearance! And I really like it - I hope to wear it again. (Thanks honey for helping me find it.)
We had appetizers at the Osbourne's, dinner at our place, and then dessert at the Gerlemann's. All of the food was absolutely delicious! Chris did an amazing job with the brisket (and tried some new recipes which turned out wonderful), which went well with the creamed corn and awesome potatoes (thanks Kim!). I think my favorite part of dessert was the hot dark chocolate and thumbprint cookies.
After eating, we also had a white elephant gift exchange. Chris and I ended up with 3 gifts even though we only brought 2! Chris was able to keep his beloved stegasaurus - it is blue with pink spikes and even has a pocket on one side...he fought hard for that thing :) And I came home with a dip chiller, which I'm sure will come in handy. We even got to take home a microwave that is better than the one we are using (because no one else wanted such a gift)!
It was such a great time and we hope to do it again soon! Here are some pics at the dessert portion of the night.
Chris and I in front of the beautiful fire place (hopefully the better pics will be coming our way soon)
Chris was so cute using his new ipod to take pics of the dessert table. It's fun to see him taking pictures (since he hasn't much up to this point)!
And Chris with his stegasaurus...he said that he was trying to "win" it for Maggie :)
1 comment:
you guys look amazing all dolled up :) miss you & have a wonderful Christmas & super fun trip, can't wait to read all about it & see pics!! :)
Post a Comment