Chris and I decided it's time to finally buy ourselves a couple of bookshelves! (We currently do not own a single bookshelf. We did have one 3 years ago, but got rid of it because it was a cheap one from college. We actually meant to buy one in Lafayette, but that didn't happen.) But we don't really know what kind we want...and I've discovered that there are a lot of different styles. It almost as complicated as picking out any other piece of furniture. Right now we're thinking about putting one upstairs in the office and one downstairs in the living room. So I'm not sure whether to get 2 matching ones or not - we'll probably end up getting matching ones in case we ever have to put them both in the same room in the future.
I've been doing some browsing online this week. Here are a few that I've found.
The ladder shelves seem to be an "in" thing right now.
Do we go with a white one (instead of a brown/black like all of our other furniture)?
One with hidden storage on the bottom?
a simple one
the ones with different divisions are kinda neat and are more modern.
an open-backed one would show the wall behind so it probably wouldn't seem so bulky.
One with doors would be nice. And it has drawers on the bottom.
Or there's one with only the doors.
Any suggestions or opinions? What kind of bookshelves do you like? I would like one that's fairly tall, sturdy, and well made - we have a fair number of books (many heavy engineering ones from college). I can see the hidden storage as a bonus but I could also use baskets/totes for things I don't want out. And doors would control dust.
Feel free to weigh in! I imagine we'll be doing some window shopping in the near future since it's always nice to see things in person :)








2 comments:
my fav is the bottom one...the ones with the hidden storage would be nice too!! have fun! can't wait to see what you come up with!! :)
I am a fan of hidden storage. ...Baskets are fun too, but not as permanent. Have fun shopping!!
Post a Comment